Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still in Darwin...




Hey,

Went to the croc park today. That was pretty good! It's been very hot today so I didn't stick around too long. The public transport in Darwin is not great, the buses go every hour and a half or so which meant a bit of hanging around but i'm getting into my new book quite a bit now. It's the original book of the film 'yes men', about the guy who decide's to try saying yes to every invitation he is given. I've been wondering whether that's a good idea, might have to try it for a day or so, see where I end up.....

Checked out the notice board, there is only one new offer of a lift and thats to a town called Kununarra which is the wrong direction for me. Lucky I wasn't doing the yes thing....it look's pretty remote. The irish guys in my room are all working today and the German dude is pretty dull and doesn't really leave the room so it's been quite a quiet one. I will chat to the irish guys tonight and maybe go for a few drinks but I know they are up early tomorrow and trying to save money.

Getting a little bored of Darwin now. I obviously have the attention span of....something with a short attention span. It's a nice place but there isn't a huge amount to do. I think I will either move hostel and meet some new people or I will head to Cairns sometime around the weekend or just after. Or if all else fails just take the advice of my book and accept the next lift offer someone gives me...could be fun!

Bye for now















No comments: