Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Damn, I lost my SD memory card!

Damn, damn, damn. Today hasn't been the best so far.... I was in the internet cafe this morning and tried to upload my photos from Litchfield and I left my SD memory card in the computer. After breakfast I remembered and went back to look and I guess someone took it, damn!

Fortunately, I had backed up all my pictures (around 1000), and sent them back home, so all I had on that card was the last 2 days, pretty lucky! I would have been gutted if I lost a whole load of photos. As it is, I got a replacement for $30, which is pretty good! I'm amazed I have lasted this long without losing something, as it's always been a running joke with me losing stuff at home. So one loss in 8 months is pretty good going. Oh, I did lose some shoes in New Zealand, but I'm not going to count that...

Met up with Liam this morning, got chatting about his 'story'. The obligatory questions every traveller asks new people they meet. Where have you been? How long has you been travelling? Where are you heading to next?. Turns out he has been in OZ for 14 months, run out of money, and needs to get to Townsville in the hope of finding work. He has enough money to get there and then is going to sell his car, which is a bit of a beast (if you like bangers). We are also going to travel with his mate, a french guy called Kevin who has a big curly afro. That's pretty cool. At the moment, Kevin cant leave until tomorrow so we are setting off in the morning. I guess its not like im in a major rush or anything. So just killing time in Darwin until the morning...

Oh, and I just found a hole in one of my shoes, so I think I will have to buy some new ones. I thought converse were supposed to be good quality??! Think they've only lasted a few months...

Ah well, as they say you need the bad bits to make the good bits better. Or something profound like that.

I think I will go and buy some new shoes.....

No comments: